Hand mixers are designed for quick mixing of food to a homogeneous mass by whipping. Such devices must be held by a hand, which is why they are called manuals. The required level of performance is achieved by increasing the number of beater rotation cycles. Stay with us and learn how to use an electric hand mixer.
Electric hand mixers have a lot of advantages, including:
- high performance;
- powerful vibration resistant electric motor;
- convenient switch that controls the speed;
- reliable beaters made of food steel;
- the possibility of intensive work in conditions of high humidity and temperature extremes;
- significant time savings;
- long service life.
The operation principles
It’s easy to operate the electric hand mixer. When working with this device, you must adhere to the following algorithm:
- plug the device into a socket;
- Press the start button;
- set the necessary speed mode.
The whipping of various mixtures is carried out using special beaters included in the kit. They are easily removed and washed.
The primary attachments of hand mixers
In the set of professional hand mixers, you will always find beaters, which are of the following types:
- a whisk – a standard piece that will help whip creams, butter, liquids, and other similar products;
- hook – mixes a dough (electric hand mixer for baking);
- knives – quickly cut various foods;
- plastic disk – used when kneading thick mixtures that have a uniform consistency;
- electric hand mixer and blender – designed for grinding solid foods and making sauces.
Additional features of hand mixers
Some models of electric hand mixers have advanced functionality:
- pulse mode – thanks to this mode, it becomes possible to adjust the speed of rotation; to select a specific indicator, you need to press the function button;
- overload protection system – if the device freezes due to excessive work intensity, the system will turn off the mixer;
- beater ejection – sometimes manual mixers are equipped with an option that quickly drops the beater from the latch;
- turbo mode – the mixer’s functioning in turbo mode allows you to increase the speed of rotation of the beater briefly;
- niche for the cord – the electric wire is placed in a container. It provides the convenience and safety of its storage and transportation.
Choosing the hand mixer
When choosing a manual mixer, the following features should be considered:
- the configuration and thickness of the handle should provide convenience and safety during work;
- power should give continuous operation for the required time (if you have to work mainly with liquid mixtures, a mixer with high potential will not be necessary. Bear in mind that a less powerful mixer has fewer operating modes);
- the variety of recipes that can be prepared depends on the number of high-speed operating modes;
- the number of beaters should satisfy the needs of the process;
- the motor must be protected from overheating and overloads.
Before choosing between an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, consider what you need a mixer for. It is the most crucial moment, from which you will pick up what you need and do not overpay for all kinds of additions to the device that you do not need. Buy household appliances only from trusted manufacturers and reputable companies!
If you purchase at a nearby store, be sure to ask the seller to plug the device into the network and check if it is in good condition. Choose household appliances wisely, follow all the rules of its operation, and it will serve you for many years. Enjoy shopping!
Do you have an electric hand mixer, small or large? Share the details of your choice in the comments section below.
Richard Browny is a freelance writer with a great passion for cooking desserts and pastry. He started experimenting in baking after the birth of his daughter, Sarah. Joshua loves to share his recipes and kitchen appliance reviews in his blog.